Acar is typical Indonesian salad. There are 2 ways to make it, either raw or cooked. And it is served as an accompaniment. Acar mentah is usually eaten with Fried Rice or Plain Rice (Nasi Putih) with other side dishes such as Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam).
Preparing time: 15 minutes
– 1 small cucumber, cleaned and cut into small cubes
– 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
– 3 shallots, peeled and cut (optional)
– 6 fresh bird’s eyes chillies, cleaned
– 3 tablespoons of vinegar
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 1/2 warm water
– 1 teaspoon salt
1. Mix water with vinegar, sugar and salt. Then add the vegetables.
2. Refrigerate several hours before use.