Fried Crispy Tofu or Tahu Goreng Tepung commonly find in West Java region. How to make it is very simple and quick. Sometimes I like to eat it as a sidedish with other meal, for example with plain rice (nasi putih) and Rendang.
Category : Appetizer
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 15 – 30 minutes
– 250 gram tahu or white tofu
– 100 gram plain flour
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 50 ml water.
1. Cut tofu 1 cm thick. Set aside.
2. Combine the flour with garlic powder, turmeric powder, salt and water. Mix them well. If the mixture is too watery, add more flour. Taste if it’s salty enough.
3. Dip the tofu into flour mixture before frying it.
4. Fry tofu under medium heat until brownish.
5. Serve with bird’s eye chillies.