Kalio Daging Sapi is one of dishes from Padang, West Sumatra. It’s similar with Rendang, only some spices are different. As for the taste, it’s delicious as Rendang and you can make it either with beef or beef liver.
Cooking time: 45 – 60 minutes
– 250 g topside Beef, sliced and cut
– 300 ml Coconut milk
– 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
– 3 Shallots, peeled and sliced
– 2 cloves of Garlic
– 5 or 6 bird’s eyes Chillies, sliced
– 1 cm fresh Galangal (Lengkuas/Laos)
– 1 cm fresh Turmeric
– 1 cm Ginger
– 1 stalk fresh lemon grass (Sereh/Serai), bruised
– 2 fresh kaffir lime leafs (daun jeruk purut)
1. Prepare the spice paste by grinding or blending all ingredients except lemon grass and line leaves.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the ground mixture together with lemon grass and lime leafs for 2-3 minutes
3. Add the beef and sauté for 2 minutes, and then add the coconut milk and salt. Simmer uncovered until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.