Semur Daging has a combination of sweet and spicy taste. It’s a tasty dish if you want to make a meal using beef as the main ingredient.
Category : Beef
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 30 – 60 minutes
– 250 g young beef meat, cut into thin slices
– 2 potatoes, peeled and cut
– 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
– 5 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
– 1/2 tablespoon of pepper
– 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg powder
– salt to taste
– 500 ml water
– 2 tablespoons fried shallots
1. Heat the oil in a wok, then fry the potatoes. Set aside.
2. With the leftover oil, sauté the onion, garlic until fragrant. Then add the meat and fry until it changes colour. Give it the water, sweet soy sauce, salt, pepper and nutmeg powder.
3. Reduce the heat, cover the wok and cook the beef until tender. If the meat threatens to dry out, add a little water from time to time.
4. When the meat is already tender, add the fried potatoes inside. Do not leave it inside too long.
5. When it’s done, serve it with basmati plain rice. Sprinkle with the fried shallots.