Bola-bola ubi jalar, that’s what this meal called. It is made from sweet potato, which Indonesian calls ‘ubi jalar’. I usually eat it for snacking. In Indonesia we have different kind of snacks that usually are sold in the street or traditional market as we call it ‘jajan pasar’.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
– 250 g sweet potato (ubi jalar)
– 1 tablespoon white powder sugar (gula halus)
– 2 tablespoon sago flour (tepung sagu) or tapioca flour (tepung kanji)
– Oil to fry
– Satay skewers
– 1 tablespoon powder Cinnamon for garnish
1. Peel and clean the sweet potato. After that cut into small cubes and cook it. When it’s done, set aside and cool it off.
2. Blend or grind the potato with sugar and the flour. Then shape into small balls.
3. Heat the oil in deep pan and fry the balls. Use tissue paper to absorb the oil.
4. When it’s cold enough, thread the potato balls onto satay skewers. Garnish with powder sugar and cinnamon.