Indonesians love sweet for dessert. There are many kind of traditonal sweets across the country. Bubur Candil is one of many varieties of Indonesian porridge. It is made of glutinous rice flour (tepung ketan) then shape it like small ball and dip in coconut sugar porridge. It’s sweet yet coconut milk makes the taste savoury.
Category : Dessert
Difficulty : Medium
Preparing time : 45 minutes
- 200 g white glutinous rice flour (tepung ketan)
- 175 ml warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime stone water (kapur sirih) – optional
- 800 ml water
- 200 g coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Pandan leaf
- 25 g rice flour & 25 g white glutinous rice flour (tepung ketan), mix with 50 ml water
Coconut Milk sauce
- 250 ml think coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 Pandan leaves
1. Make the balls (candil) : mix white glutinous rice, salt and lime stone, then slowly add water and knead using hand. Stop adding water when you already can form the mixture into balls.
2. Make the porridge : Boil the water with coconut sugar and pandan leaf. When it’s boiling drop the balls into it. When the balls are floating to the top of water level, pour the the mixture of rice flour and white glutinous rice flour then stir the porridge. When it’s boiling, remove from the heat.
3. Make the coconut milk sauce : boil the coconut milk together with pandan leaves and salt.
4. Serve the porridge with coconut milk sauce.