I am a big fan of Chicken, especially Crispy Fried Chicken (Ayam Goreng Gurih). This recipe I got from my mother. It’s tasty and crispy. Sometimes to make it crunchier, I like to add spiced flour on it.You can eat it as main dish, or you can have it with other meals. I like to eat it with plain rice (nasi putih), sambal bajak and lalapan (Indonesian salad) or as a side dish for yellow rice (nasi kuning).
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 8 pieces of chicken, cleaned
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 Candlenuts
- 1 tablespoon of coriander
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
1. Blend or grind garlic, candlenuts, coriander, turmeric and salt to make it paste.
2. Boil the Chicken with the spice paste. Cook until it’s tender and spice is absorbed.
3. When the chicken already cooks, leave it cold for a moment.
4. Heat the oil in non-stick frying pan, fry the chicken until it’s brown and crispy. Set aside and serve.