This type of curry oftenly found in Padang restaurants all around Indonesia. They usually have two types, one with chicken and another one with eggs. The one with eggs is called ‘Kalio Telor’. How to make it is the same. Can be eaten either with plain rice (nasi putih) or compressed rice (lontong).
Category : Poultry
Difficulty : Medium
Preparing time : 45 – 60 minutes
– 10 eggs, boiled
– 250 g young jackfruit
– 150 g long beans (kacang panjang), cut into 4-5 cm
– 500 ml thick coconut milk
– 250 ml light coconut milk (or you can substitute with water)
– 1 stalk of lemongrass
– 3 kaffir lime leaves
– 1 turmeric leaf (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon tamarind juice
– Salt and sugar to taste
– 8 shallots
– 1 1/2 teaspoon shredded fresh galangal
– 100 g big red chillies (seeded)
– 1 teaspoon coriander
– 2 teaspoons shredded fresh turmeric
– 2 teaspoons shredded fresh ginger
1. Grind or blend the spice paste. Then boil the coconut milk, spice paste, lemongrass, turmeric leaf, kaffir lime leaves and tamarind juice, stir occasionally.
2. When it’s boiling, add the eggs and the young jackfruit. Give to taste with salt and sugar. Continue cooking. After 10 minutes, add the long beans.
3. Cook the curry over medium heat until the sauce is thicken.