There are many ways to make fried noodle or mie goreng. If you wish, you can add various vegetables or meat as well. In Indonesia, you could easily find this meal in restaurant or in food stalls along the street. How to make it also various. Certain regions have their own way to cook it. This recipe is for mie goreng ayam, a basic way to make fried noodle.
Category : Noodle
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 15 – 20 minutes
– 250 gram dried egg noodles, cooked and set aside
– 1 chicken fillet, chopped into small pieces
– 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
– 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
– salt and pepper to taste
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
– white china cabbage, shredded
– fried shallots to garnish
1. Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes or until just soft. Drain.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Make the scramble egg. Set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over a medium-high heat. Add garlics and onion, fry until fragrant. Then add carrots and cabbage and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Add the noodle, sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Then add the egg. Stir together.
4. Serve fried noodle with the fried shallots, fresh cucumber and tomatoes.
Note : If you want to make it spicy, you can add chilli sauce