Rice is most often eaten as plain rice ( nasi putih ) with just a few protein and vegetable dishes as side dishes. Here’s how to make it.This is the most basic way to cook regular plain white rice to be used as a side dish.
Category : Rice
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 15 – 20 minutes
Serves 4 person.
– 1 cup of white rice grains
– 2 cup of water
– 1/2 tsp of salt
– 1 tbs of butter (optional)
1. Rinse and stir the rice very well under water until the resulting water becomes clear.
2. In a pan over medium heat, bring the water to a boil and add in the salt. Slowly stir in the rice then let it boil and cook at lower heat for about 20 minutes.
3. Drain the remaining water, if any left, and gently fluff the rice with a fork. You can dry the rice in a pre-heated 250 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes to dry and remove it’s boiled taste.
4. You can add the 1 tablespoon of butter (optional).