Sambal Lado Ijo
Sambal lado ijo/sambal lado mudo or green chillies sambal is a typical sambal from Padang, West Sumatra. If you ever go to Padang or Minang restaurant, they will serve the meals with different kind of sambals, and this one is one of them. Sambal Ijo is a ‘necessary’ part of the menu as the accompaniment for all the dishes. There are some ways to make it … you can also add dried anchovies to it.
Preparing time: 45 minutes
– 250 g green chillies roughly cut
– 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetables oil
– 2 shallots or half of small red onion
– 1 cloves of garlic
– 1 green tomato (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
– 2 fresh kaffir lime leaf
– salt and sugar to taste
1. Bring to steam green chillies, shallots, garlic and tomato for 5 minutes. Then grind or blend roughly.
2. Heat up the pan with olive oil and saute the mixture until fragrant. Add sugar, salt, lime juice and kaffir lime leaf. Continue cooking for couple of minutes.
3. Serving suggestion: serve with plain rice (nasi putih), rendang sapi, and crispy fried chicken (ayam goreng gurih).
Note: This sambal can stay for longer time and you can store it in the refrigerator.