Sambal Tomat is another type of Indonesian sambal. As any others, it can be used as a condiment for other dishes.
Category : Sambal
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 15 minutes
– 8 red bird’s-eye chillies (Indonesian cabe rawit)
– 1 fresh tomato, chopped
– 5 shallots ( 1 red onion ), peeled and sliced
– 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
– 1/2 teaspoon Palm sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
– a pinch of salt
1. Heat oil in a wok and saute shallots, chillies, garlic and tomato until golden and soft. Take out from the wok and set aside.
2. Grind or blend all the fried ingredients until smooth. Add salt and palm sugar. Season to taste with lemon juice.