This is one of our favourite recipes. Javanesse Beef Steak (Bistik Daging Sapi ala Jawa) is a modification from western-style steak. The preparation is a little bit complicated, yet you would get a very tasty meal on your table. It’s a perfect meal either for lunch or dinner.
Category : Beef
Difficulty : Medium
Cooking time : 45 – 60 minutes
– 2 young beef steaks meat
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
– salt to taste
– 2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
– 1 small canned of corn
– 5 potatoes, cut into french fries style
– 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
– 3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
– 1 tablespoon of white pepper
– 1/2 cup of water
1. Season the steak with salt, pepper and nutmeg, set aside for 30 minutes so that the spices are absorb.
2. Heat the oil, and fry or grill the steak until colour turn into brown.
3. Make the sauce by frying the garlic and onion into leftover oil from the steak. Add the sweet soy sauce, tomato sauce, white pepper and 1/2 cup of water. Cook the sauce until it’s thick.
4. Prepare the vegetables: cook the carrots in boiling water until tender. set aside
5. Prepare the french fries: fry the potatoes. Set aside.
6. Serve the steaks: arrange the steaks, carrots and corn, then the french fries. Pour the sauce around the steaks.