Green Soya or Mung beans (or Indonesian named it ‘Kacang Hijau’) are commonly used in Chinese cuisine, as well as in Japan, Korea, India, Thailand and Southeast Asia.
In Indonesia, they are made into a popular dessert snack called es bubur kacang hijau, which has the consistency of porridge. The beans are cooked with sugar, coconut milk, and a little ginger. Green soy has a lot of Carbohydrates and Protein.
Green Soya Porridge or Bubur Kacang Hijau is a sweet dish, perfect for your dessert. I love it! Also my hubby. It’s a healthy yet very tasty.
Category : Dessert
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 60 minutes – more
– 250 gram green soy beans
– 750 ml water
– 300 ml coconut milk ( you can substitute it with fresh milk )
– 100 gram white sugar
– 50 gram brown sugar (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
– 1 Pandan leaf, cut smaller (optional)
– 200 ml thick coconut milk
– 2 cm ginger, crushed
– a pinch of salt
1. Clean the green soy beans. Then cook it with water until it’s really tender (like porridge). It is necessary to add more water if it’s not soft yet. And stirring it well while cooking.
2. When the green soya is already tender, add coconut milk, vanilla sugar then pandan leaf. By the time the coconut milk is half left, add the sugars (white and brown) and salt. Keep stirring it so it won’t burn.
3. Cook until it’s thick like porridge.
4. Make the coconut sauce by boiling all the ingredients.
5. Serve the green soya porridge (bubur kacang hijau) with the coconut sauce on top.