Kalasan is an area near Yogyakarta, Central of Java. This Ayam Goreng Kalasan is the famous fried from that region. It tastes sweet yet very crispy. If you are big fan of Chicken like me, I suggest making it by yourself instead of buying fast food product. It’s healthier and cheaper.
Cooking time: 45 – 60 minutes
- 1 whole Chicken, cut into small pieces
- 500 ml coconut water (or you can also use 200 ml coconut milk with 300 ml water)
- 1/2 teaspoon of soda powder
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cm of galangal, crushed (or you can use 1 tablespoon of galangal powder)
- 2 of salam leaves
- 100 g coconut sugar
1. Boil the chicken with all ingredients (covered), until the spices absorbed and the chicken is tender. Add some water if necessary. When the water is almost empty and chicken is already tender, stop the cooking process.
2. Heat the oil in non-stick frying pan; fry the chicken until it’s brown and crispy. Set aside and serve.