Category : Chicken
Difficulty : Medium
Cooking time : 45 – 60 minutes
– 1 Chicken, cut into small pieces (or you can use chicken wings or thigh or chicken fillet)
– 750 ml coconut milk
– 1 stalk of Lemon Grass (Sereh/Serai)
– 1 cm fresh Galangal (Lengkuas/Laos)
– 2 fresh Kaffir Lime leafs (daun Jeruk Purut)
– 1 Salam leaf (you can subtitute with bayleaf)
– Salt to taste or 1 blok chicken bouillon
– 1/2 cup of water
– 5 Shallots ( 1 medium red onion)
– 3 cloves of Garlic
– 4 Candlenuts (Kemiri), or 6 Almonds as a substitute
– 2 red Chillies (optional, or you can use paprika powder as a subtitute)
– 1 teaspoon Coriander
– 1 cm fresh Turmeric
– 1 cm Ginger
– 1/3 teaspoon Cumin powder
1. Grind or blend the spice paste until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in deep wok, and saute the spice paste with lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add the chicken.
3. When the chicken turn slightly brown, add 1/2 cup of water. Bring it to boil
4. Then add the coconut milk and baste frequently so that the milk does not curdle and the sauce desolves smoothly.
5. Cook the curry over medium heat for about half hour.
Note : for additional ingredients, can also be added eggplant and fried tofu