Sambal Goreng Ati Ayam is a delicious side dish. You can eat it either with plain rice (nasi putih) and acar kuning, or with yellow rice (nasi kuning). And you can have it spicy or less spicy. For me, I like it spicy!
Category: Side Dish
Cooking time: 30 minutes
– 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into small square
– 150 g chicken liver, cooked and chopped into small square
– 2 red/green chillies, thinly sliced
– 1 cm galangal (laos)
– 100 ml coconut milk
– 1 salam leaf
– 3 shallots
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 2 candlenuts (or you can substitute with 4 almonds)
– 1/2 fresh tomato
– 1 teaspoon brown sugar
– 1 cm of ginger
– Salt to taste
1. Cooked the chicken liver for 10 minutes. Set aside and let it cold then cut into small square.
2. Heat the oil, and then fry the potatoes. Don’t fry them too dry. Set aside
3. In remaining oil, sauté the spice paste, chillies, galangal and salam leaf until fragrant.
4. Then add the potatoes and the chicken liver. Stirring well and let the spices absorbed. Then add the coconut milk. Cook until the sauce is thick. Don’t stir too much because it would make the chicken liver falls apart.