Chicken Mushroom Noodles or Mie Ayam Jamur are another type of how to cook the noodles. This recipe is influenced by Chinese cuisine because it’s using some Chinese sauces. However, this can be an alternative if you want to make something with noodles. Mie ayam jamur or well known as just mie ayam is very popular in Indonesia. You can easily find cart hawkers selling it along the street or in food stalls at the mall.
Category : Noodles
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 30 – 45 minutes
– 250 grams dried egg noodles, cooked and set aside
– Choy Sum/Pak Choy/Chinese Cabbage
– meatballs, optional
– 2 chicken thigh fillet, cut into small piece
– 3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
– 150 gram champignon
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 2 shallots
– ½ cube chicken bouillon
– a pinch of sugar
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 50 ml oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce (kecap asin)
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 2 tablespoon water
– Chicken bones
– ½ cube of chicken bouillon
– 1 stalk spring onion
– 250 ml water
1. Heat the oil, and fry the chicken meat half-cook. Set aside.
2. Grind or blend shallots and garlic, then sauté until it’s fragrant, add the champignon and the chicken. Continue cooking. Then give water a bit, sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), chicken bouillion and sugar. Stir them well. Cook until its thickening.
3. Make the garlic oil : heat the oil, then add the garlic and fry it until slightly brown. Don’t over burn it! Then add the soy sauce, water, (kecap asin) and sesame oil.
4. Make the soup : boil the bones to make a broth, then add the chicken bouillion, and spring onion.
5. Set a plate with 1 tablespoon of garlic oil, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, salt and pepper. Put the cooked noodle into a plate and mix thoroughly. Add cooked Choy Sum. Give 3 tablespoons of chicken mushroom, garnish with fried shallot and fresh cucumber. Serve with the soup and meatball.