I like to eat this Vegetables Soup (Sayur Sop) when the day is cloudy … when I need something to warm me. It remind me of my mother that used to cook it for us, together with fried crispy Chicken, Perkedel (potato croquettes) or kering tempe. This soup maybe can make your cloudy day feel lots better!
Category : Vegetables/Soup
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking time : 15 – 30 minutes
– 2 carrots
– 100 gram cabbage, cut into small
– 100 gram bean, cut 3 cm longer
– 200 gram potatoes, cut into medium cube
– 2 chicken hotdog (optional), thinly cut
– 200 gram chicken bones or skin for broth
– 2 stalk of celery leaves, chopped
– 1 stalk of spring onion, chopped thinly
– 1 block/sachet chicken seasoning mixture ( or if you don’t like to use it, just add 1 teaspoon of salt)
– 2 tablespoons of fried shallots
– 800 ml water
– 3 shallots (or half medium red onion)
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 1 teaspoon of pepper
1. Boiling the water with the chicken bones or skin for 10 or 15 minutes. Then add the carrots.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in the pan and fry the spice paste until its fragrant, and put it into the boiling water. Add the chicken seasoning mixture and the rest of the ingredients. Continue cooking until all vegetables well cooked. Add some water if it’s necessary.